Hormonal Contraceptives and HIV – An Introductory Fact Sheet
This introductory 3-page document summarizes the debate over whether certain hormonal contraceptives increase women’s risk of HIV acquisition.
More HC HIV resources
- Hormonal Contraceptive Eligibility for Women at High Risk of HIV- FAQs
- Hormonal Contraception and HIV- Technical Update
- Hormonal Contraceptive Eligibility for Women at High Risk of HIV: Guidance Statement
- Hormonal Contraception and HIV- Webinar
- Family Planning and HIV Service Integration E-Learning Course
- Considering Progestin-Only Injectables Where HIV Risk Is High: Counseling Tips
- Strategic Communication Framework for Hormonal Contraceptive Methods and Potential HIV-Related Risks
- Hormonal Contraception and HIV: Putting New Developments in Context
- Contraception and HIV: What Do the Evidence and WHO Technical Statement Mean for Programs?
- Evidence for Contraceptive Options and HIV Outcomes (ECHO) Study