Social Behavior Change and Communication Strategies to Increase Adolescent’s Use of Family Planning in the Philippines
Breakthrough RESEARCH, with funding support from USAID/Philippines, has been working with De La Salle University’s Social Development Research Center (DLSU-SDRC) in Manila to gather evidence to determine the most effective ways to encourage out-of-school youth (OSY) aged 15 to 19 to adopt positive family planning and reproductive health behaviors.
n the Philippines where adolescent and youth reproductive health (AYRH) is of considerable concern, youth have limited knowledge and sources of information about their reproductive health. The study’s results are being used to make recommendations to USAID/Philippines on future programming and policy development in family planning.
One brief presents key findings of a scoping review of past and present social and behavior change programs targeting male and female OSY aged 15 to 19 in the Philippines, focused on priority reproductive health behaviors.
A second brief presents the results of a targeted qualitative research study of ways to facilitate positive reproductive health and family planning behavior change among OSY.
- The REPLACE Approach: Supporting Communities to End FGM
- Men as More than Partners: Increasing Men’s Use of Sexual and Reproductive Health Products and Services through SBCC
- Participatory Action Research for the Development of a National Avian Communication Strategy: A Field Guide
- Integrating Human-Centered Design in a Multidisciplinary Effort to Address Provider Bias: The Beyond Bias Experience
- Urban Adolescent Sexual and Reproductive Health SBCC I-Kit
- Climate Change: Time to think "Family Planning" Toolkit
- Using Social & Behavior Change To Improve Family Planning Outcomes / Utilisation du Changement Social et Comportemental pour Améliorer le Bilan du Planning Familial en Afrique de l'Ouest
- Crisis and Outbreak Communication Pandemic Flu and Other Disasters
- Improving the Uptake and Adherence of Iron Folic Acid Supplements among Pregnant and Lactating Women
- Writing a Communication Strategy for Development Programmes: A Guideline for Programme Managers and Communication Officers
- Suaahara Final Dissemination Documents
- Implication des jeunes hommes du secteur informel dans la PF en utilisant un design centré sur l'homme en Côte d'Ivoire/ Engaging young men from the informal sector in FP using human centered design in Cote d'Ivoire
- Data Scoping Evidence for Contraceptive Use, ANC, Institutional Delivery, SBA, in Nepal
- Family Planning Contraceptive Method Leaflet
- Suaahara Formative Research Report