Taking a Social Change Intervention to Scale: Learnings from Tékponon Jikuagou in Benin
This brief explains that theTékponon Jikuagou project in Benin is a low-cost package of activities that relies on existing social networks to diffuse new ideas in support of family planning. It works with communities’ own resources, is easily added to existing development projects and portfolios, and is beneficial to both participating communities and implementing agencies.
In the Benin context, where unmet need was high and social barriers prevented family planning use, the package greatly increased the odds that women and men met their family planning needs.
Regarding Tékponon Jikuagou‘s scalability: the attributes that allow the approach to be taken to scale while maintaining effectiveness, quality, and fidelity to core principles. Never designed to be a stand-alone project, the package’s most viable platform for scaling is assimilation into existing projects.
More Tékponon Jikuagou Benin resources
- How-To Guide for a Social Network Diffusion Intervention to Overcome Social Barriers to Family Planning
- Social and Behavior Change Considerations for Areas Transitioning from High and Moderate to Low, Very Low and Zero Malaria Transmission
- Promoting Quality Malaria Medicines Through SBCC: An Implementation Kit
- Social Franchising: Improving Quality and Expanding Contraceptive Choice in the Private Sector
- Prioritizing and Targeting SBC Investments for Youth
- Alma Ata Declaration, 1978
- Zika Virus Global Emergency Response Plan
- The Importance of Social and Behavioral Change Response in the Zika Outbreak: Lessons Learned from Ebola
- SBCC for Malaria in Pregnancy: Strategy Development Guidance
- Health for the World's Adolescents
- Effects of a Social Network Diffusion Intervention on Key Family Planning Indicators- Impacts d’une Intervention de Diffusion via les Réseaux Sociaux sur les Indicateurs Clés de la Planification Familiale
- Women’s Social Networks, Family Planning Use and Unmet Need: Formative Research Findings from Terikunda Jékulu
- Dismantling Social Barriers to Family Planning Use: Tékponon Jikuagou in Benin
- Overcoming Social Barriers to Family Planning Use: Harnessing Community Networks to Address Unmet Need
- Implementing the Social Network Diffusion Package: Costing Exercise Report