Active Case Finding with Case Management: the Key to Tackling the COVID-19 Pandemic
The authors describe China’s strategies for prevention and control of COVID-19 (containment and suppression) and their application, from the perspective of the COVID-19 experience to date in China.
Although China has contained severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus 2 (SARS-CoV-2) and nearly stopped indigenous transmission, a strong suppression effort must continue to prevent re-establishment of community transmission from importation-related cases.
The authors believe that case finding and management, with identification and quarantine of close contacts, are vitally important containment measures and are essential in China’s pathway forward. They describe the next steps planned in China that follow the containment effort, and believe that sharing countries’ experiences will help the global community manage the COVID-19 pandemic by identifying what works in the struggle against SARS-CoV-2.
- Practical Guidance for Risk Communication and Community Engagement (RCCE) for Refugees, Internally Displaced Persons (IDPs), Migrants, and Host Communities Particularly Vulnerable to COVID-19 Pandemic
- Guidance for Including People with Disabilities in Response to the COVID-19 Pandemic
- Three Lessons from the Global South on Combating the Pandemic
- Actions to Support Media, Enhance Access to Information, and Leverage Digital Technologies in the Fight Against the Pandemic
- Early Estimates of the Indirect Effects of the COVID-19 Pandemic on Maternal and Child Mortality in Low-income and Middle-income Countries: a Modelling Study
- Measures to Ensure the Continuity of the Response to Malaria in the Americas during the COVID-19 Pandemic
- Malaria Social and Behaviour Change Program Guidance in the Context of COVID-19 Pandemic
- Coronavirus Pandemic: Tracking the Global Outbreak
- Stigma during the COVID-19 pandemic
- Preventing Violence Against Women During the COVID-19 Pandemic
- Guide for the Preparation of a Risk Communication Strategy for COVID-19 Vaccines: A Resource for the Countries of the Americas
- Atelier d’évaluation et de ré-planification du plan d’action opérationnel intégré de la communication de risque 2020
- IAS Conference E-posters
- Malaria-themed Radio Magazine Program
- COVID-19 in Africa: The Nuances of Social Distancing and Handwashing
July 21, 2020