Align – Advancing Learning and Innovation on Gender Norms
ALIGN is a digital platform and program of work that works to create a global community of researchers and thought leaders, all committed to gender justice and equality. It provides new research, insights from practice, and grants for initiatives that increase our understanding of – and what works to change – discriminatory gender norms.
Through its digital platform, and its events and activities, ALIGN aims to ensure that knowledge and resources have a growing impact on harmful gender norms.
ALIGN connects a global community of researchers and thought leaders to challenge and change harmful gender norms. The organization focuses in particular on adolescents and young adults in low- and middle-income countries, and also includes work on learning on gender norms across wider population groups and contexts.
ALIGN aims to:
- Synthesize and share new knowledge and methodological innovations to increase understanding around the dynamics of gender norms
- Highlight innovative programs and policies to identify ‘what works’ to change discriminatory and harmful gender norms at individual and institutional levels
- Collate and share key materials on gender norms and norm-change processes in different contexts
- Encourage dialogue and exchange on these norms and processes through events and Twitter account
- Foster personal interaction and collaboration on gender norms between implementers, researchers, policy makers and donors in the Global South and Global North
- Support innovation and lesson learning through the re-granting activities that provide small grants for research, learning and convening
Last modified: June 24, 2019