Family Planning and Reproductive Health Indicators Database
The Family Planning/Reproductive Health (FP/RH) Indicators Database is an update of the Compendium of Indicators for Evaluating Reproductive Health Programs. This site provides a comprehensive listing of the most widely used indicators for evaluating family planning and reproductive health programs in developing countries. The database contains definitions, data requirements, data sources, purposes, and issues for core indicators along with links to other websites and documents containing additional family planning and reproductive health indicators.
This database is organized in three parts. Overview of the Database provides a rationale for the database and objectives, as well as basic concepts in program evaluation. Crosscutting Indicators are those which are relevent across the different programmatic areas of FP/RH. The Specific Programmatic Area Indicators present indicators expressly for the major programmatic areas within FP/RH. All indicators include the definition, data requirements, data sources, purpose, issues and, if relevant, gender implications.
The database is designed for use by:
- Administrators, managers, and health workers in reproductive health programs worldwide
- Staff in international FP/RH agencies responsible for designing and evaluating collaborative projects with host country institutions
- In-country evaluation specialists responsible for monitoring performance and for evaluating the effectiveness of FP/RH programs in specific settings
- Social science researchers (e.g., demographers, private foundations and other donors supporting FP/RH programs
- Social science researchers (e.g., demographers, sociologists, economists), epidemiologists, and other health professionals
The section on Behavior Change indicators is here – http://www.cpc.unc.edu/measure/prh/rh_indicators/crosscutting/bcc.
Last modified: July 23, 2021