Nine Tips for Spotting Misinformation about the Coronavirus
This article lists nine tips for staying calm and informed when hearing information about coronavirus.
The nine tips are:
1. Does the story play on your emotions or present facts using neutral language?
2. Is it too good to be true?
3. What is the date of the story?
4. Who is the author?
5. Does the information come from a credible source?
6. Does the story use or abuse data?
7. Does it show causation or correlation?
8. Does the story talk about cost and availability?
9. Of mice or men?
Last modified: July 21, 2020