Private Sector Engagement Policy
This policy is a call to action for USAID staff and its partners to embrace market-based approaches as a more sustainable way to support communities in achieving development and humanitarian outcomes at scale.
The purpose of the policy is to accomplish the following:
- Set forth the vision and operating principles that will guide and advance USAID’s engagement with the private sector, with an emphasis on promoting U.S. economic growth
- Illustrate ways USAID can consistently and comprehensively integrate private-sector engagement into the Agency’s operating model and programming across sectors
- Clarify and harmonize concepts, terminology, and definitions
Included are the following sections:
- What Is Private-Sector Engagement (PSE)?
- The case for PSE
- Value propositions:
- How we engage
- Identifying, assessing, and managing risk
Last modified: March 25, 2019