Seven Steps to Effective Media Communication During Public Health Emergencies
Easy to follow checklist for communicating with the media during public health emergencies.
The seven steps are:
- STEP 1: Assess media needs,media constraints, and internal media-relations capabilities
- STEP 2: Develop goals, plans and strategies
- STEP 3: Train communicators
- STEP 4: Prepare messages
- STEP 5: Identify media outlets and media activities
- STEP 6: Deliver messages
- STEP 7: Evaluate messages and performance
Also provided is a list of items to remember when developing messages for the media.
Last modified: February 20, 2020