Theoretical Framework for Serial Dramas [Website]
The Sabido methodology (named for famed Mexican social drama pioneer Miguel Sabido) is a methodology for designing and producing serialized dramas on radio and television that can win over audiences while imparting prosocial values.
The Sabido Method is based on character development and plot lines that provide the audience with a range of characters that they can engage with — some good, some not so good — and follow as they evolve and change.
This theoretical framework draws from five theories of communication and behavior change:
- Shannon and Weaver’s Communication Model
- Bentley’s Dramatic Theory
- Jung’s Theory of Archetypes and Stereotypes and the Collective Unconscious
- The Social Learning Theory of Albert Bandura
- MacLean’s Concept of the Triune Brain
and is supplemented by Sabido’s own Theory of the Tone.
Last modified: March 25, 2019