Early Marriage and Female Genital Cutting – Ethiopian Orthodox Church Faith Leader Toolkit
This toolkit is designed to educate faith leaders and make it easier for them to talk about early marriage and female genital cutting. Included are medical facts and theological references that help faith leaders to speak out against these harmful practices. The toolkit also helps leaders to answer the tough questions they will receive along the way.
Each piece of the toolkit has been designed for a fairly specific audience since different audiences require different approaches. The sections contain discussion questions, religious references, and activities appropriate for that audience. The modules can be taught as an entire unified lesson or excerpted, and lessons can be modified.
Source: Center for Interfaith Action on Global Poverty
Date of Publication: December 22, 2019
- Technical Note on COVID-19 and Harmful Practices
- Millions More Cases of Violence, Child Marriage, Female Genital Mutilation, Unintended Pregnancy Expected due to the COVID-19 Pandemic
- COVID-19 and Child, Early, and Forced Marriage: An Agenda for Action
- Do Your Own Survey: How to Collect Data on FGM
- The REPLACE Approach: Supporting Communities to End FGM
- From Gender Inequality to Shared Positive Social Norms
- Toolkit for Engaging Midwives in the Global Campaign to End FGM
- Manual on Social Norms and Change
- Love, Children and Family Planning: Seven Discussion Guides for Christian Small Groups
- Guidance for Including People with Disabilities in Response to the COVID-19 Pandemic