10 Best Resources on Intersectionality with an Emphasis on Low- and Middle-Income Countries
The authors conducted a literature review on articles about intersectionality and chose articles based on the proportion of the article that was devoted to intersectionality, the strength of the intersectionality analysis, and its relevance to low and middle income countries.
The first four resources explain intersectionality as a methodology. The subsequent six articles apply intersectionality to research in LMIC with quantitative and qualitative analysis. We provide examples from India, Swaziland, Uganda and Mexico. Topics for the studies range from HIV, violence and sexual abuse to immunization and the use of health entitlements.
- Intersectionality 101
- What Does it Mean to Leave No One Behind? A United Nations Development Programme Discussion Paper and Framework for Implementation
- Early Estimates of the Indirect Effects of the COVID-19 Pandemic on Maternal and Child Mortality in Low-income and Middle-income Countries: a Modelling Study
- Intersectionality: Race, Gender and Other Aspects of Identity in Social Work with Young People
- Vaccine Hesitancy in Low- and Middle-income Countries: Potential Implications for the COVID-19 Response
- Intersecting inequalities: Gender Equality Index
- What is Intersectionality?
- Kimberlé Crenshaw: What is Intersectionality?
- Early Estimates of the Indirect Effects of the COVID-19 Pandemic on Maternal and Child Mortality in Low-income and Middle-income Countries: A Modelling Study
- Gender Norms, Intersectionality and Social Protection: In Conversation with UNICEF's Dr Zahrah Nesbitt-Ahmed
April 14, 2021