Are Messaging Apps and Emoji-Driven M&E a Game-Changing Innovation?
This article discusses the use of smartphones for M&E. As the cost of smartphones drops, and as the growth of messaging apps like WhatsApp continues to increase worldwide, the range of possibilities for phone-based M&E is becoming both more diverse and more complex.
The advantages of messaging aps for M&E are:
- Messaging apps are cheaper
- Messaging apps offer a wider range of M&E options, bundled together
- Messaging apps are already the main communication platform in many countries
- They exclude non-smartphone owners
- They need mobile broadband coverage
- They use up more battery life
Last modified: January 9, 2021