Bringing the Community Together to Plan for Disease Outbreaks and Other Emergencies
This guide is to help local leaders and community organizers bring together the community to help plan for disease outbreaks and other emergencies.
Part 1 of this guide takes organizers through each step, namely:
- Build support for the process
- Invite participants and select tools
- Schedule the activities
- Hold community activities
- Analyze and share findings, and create an action plan
- Track and continue the process
Part 2 of this guide provides a menu of community participation and questioning tools that you can use to create discussion among residents, leaders, and officials. Read this entire guide before beginning your process, so as to fully understand each step.
Last modified: March 25, 2019