Hormonal Contraceptive Eligibility for Women at High Risk of HIV- FAQs
This is a list of frequently asked questions (FAQs) about how the World Health Organization developed its guidelines for hormonal contraception and women at high risk for HIV, as well as basic facts about this issue. Some of the questions are:
- Do hormonal contraceptives protect against HIV infection?
- Does using hormonal contraceptives increase the risk of contracting HIV?
- What is dual protection?
- What can be done to increase the ability of women and girls to practice dual protection?
- Can women living with HIV use hormonal contraceptives?
- Who should decide on what option is best for women and girls?
- Are the current options available for HIV prevention and contraception enough?
Last modified: March 25, 2019