Integrating SBCC into Service Delivery Programs
Service communication is the use of Social and Behavior Change (SBC) processes and techniques to motivate health service-related behaviors among intended audiences across the continuum of care – Before, During and After services. By integrating SBC into service delivery projects, more clients can be encouraged to go to health facilities, client-provider interactions can improve, as can the adoption and maintenance of healthy behaviors.
This I-Kit aims to help service delivery project managers effectively use service communication to enhance the impact of their project. It can be used to help increase demand for and uptake of services, and improve consistent long-term maintenance of healthy behaviors. It is designed to help users understand key service communication concepts, apply SBC techniques to create successful communication activities, and learn how to better coordinate efforts with SBC projects.
The intended users of this I-Kit are project designers and project managers tasked with improving service delivery by better integrating SBC into services, either through direct implementation or through coordination with an SBC partner. Staff of organizations or entities that provide clinical health services will also benefit from an understanding of the content of this I-Kit. Ideally, users will have some understanding of SBC theory and processes and a desire to better apply these concepts to their service delivery efforts.
- Family Planning and HIV Service Integration E-Learning Course
- Healthy Timing and Spacing of Pregnancy (HTSP) Online Course
- Course on Human-Centered Design
- Accelerating Behavior Change in Nutrition-Sensitive Agriculture
- Engaging Men in HIV and AIDS at the Service Delivery Level
- Training Resource for Male Condoms
- The HTSP Implementation Kit
- Integrated SBCC Programs: Key Challenges and Promising Strategies- Webinar
- Incorporating Net Care into Malaria Social and Behavior Change Communication Strategies: A Step-by-Step Guide
- Rapid Pro Essentials Online Course
December 8, 2020