Interim Guidance for Administrators of US K-12 Schools and Child Care Programs to Plan, Prepare, and Respond to Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19)
This interim guidance is intended for administrators of public and private child care programs and K-12 schools. Administrators are individuals who oversee the daily operations of child care programs and K-12 schools, and may include positions like child care program directors, school district superintendents, principals, and assistant principals.
This guidance is intended for administrators at both the school/facility and district level. Why is this guidance being issued? This guidance will help child care programs, schools, and their partners understand how to help prevent the transmission of COVID-19 within child care and school communities and facilities. It also aims to help child care programs, schools, and partners react quickly should a case be identified. The guidance includes considerations to help administrators plan for the continuity of teaching and learning if there is community spread of COVID-19.
- Updated Resources and Tools for Reopening Schools and Childcare Programs
- Framework for Reopening Schools
- Considerations for Schools
- Supporting your Child’s Mental Health as They Return to School during COVID-19
- Key Messages and Actions for COVID-19 Prevention and Control in Schools
- Nigeria Centre for Disease Control COVID-19 Resource Center
- Interim Guidance: Public Health Communicators Get Your Community Ready for Coronavirus Disease 2019
- Classroom Precautions during COVID-19
- Long-Term Care Facility Toolkit: Preparing for COVID-19 Vaccination at Your Facility
- Safe Back to School: A Practitioner’s Guide
November 2, 2020