Interpersonal Communication for Immunization (IPC-I)
This website, ipc.unicef.org, is part of a global package of tools and resources designed to support FLWs in their immunization work, with a focus on improving their capacity to effectively use IPC to address barriers to immunization uptake and completion.
The primary audience for the interpersonal communication for immunization (IPC/I) package is frontline health workers (FLWs) who provide immunization services.
The core IPC/I package was developed as a comprehensive global package of 12 different components that would be broadly applicable to FLWs and immunization programs worldwide. However, as the immunization and communication context in each country differs, national immunization programs are invited to adapt the package components to suit their needs and context.
This website presents the collection of IPC/I tools and materials, including the core package initially developed as well as adaptations of the core package components that have been developed by other regions and countries. Any of the materials and resources on this website can be used and adapted as appropriate, and IPC/I programs and practitioners are encouraged to share their adaptations and experiences using the tools. This website contains the resources as well as case studies of the resources put into use. For the opportunity to engage with other IPC/I practitioners, an online community of practice is set up on Springboard, a platform where social and behavior change (SBC) professionals are able to connect with and learn from others working on similar topics or activities.
- IPC for Immunization Toolkit
- Vaccine Hesitancy and COVID-19: Considerations for Communication
- COVID-19 Vaccination Communication
- Framework for Decision-making: Implementation of Mass Vaccination Campaigns in the Context of COVID-19
- Guidance on Developing a National Deployment and Vaccination Plan for COVID-19 Vaccines
- Vaccines Explained
- COVID-19 Vaccine Introduction Toolkit
- Behavioural Considerations for Acceptance and Uptake of COVID-19 Vaccines: WHO Technical Advisory Group on Behavioural Insights and Sciences for Health
- Vaccine Hesitancy in Low- and Middle-income Countries: Potential Implications for the COVID-19 Response
- 5 Ways to Use Sensitivity When Writing About Vaccines
September 30, 2021