Tackling the Taboo: Sexuality and Gender-Transformative Programmes to End Chlld, Early, and Forced Marriage and Unions
This report focuses on the need to address patriarchal control of adolescent girls’ sexuality in the fight against child, early and forced marriage and unions, and highlights the vital role played by gender-transformative programs. The report presents findings from a review of 23 organizations that work at the intersection of child marriage and sexuality, and includes three case studies that feature the work of grassroots organizations working in politically and culturally conservative contexts.
Tackling the Taboo is intended as a learning tool for practitioners, a guide for future research opportunities, a call to action for funders, and an advocacy tool for engaging in dialogue with policymakers and leaders.
- Child, Early, and Forced Marriage Resource Guide
- Solutions to End Child Marriage
- The Top 5 Things You Didn't Know About Child Marriage
- Child Marriage Facts and Figures
- Child Marriage Factsheets
- Prioritizing and Targeting SBC Investments for Youth
- Girl-Centered Program Design: A Toolkit to Develop, Strengthen and Expand Adolescent Girls Programs
- Child Marriage Theory of Change
- What does Child Marriage Mean for Girls?
- Birth Spacing and Family Welfare Sermons
July 3, 2019