Birth and Beyond App
Birth & Beyond is a smartphone app designed to provide mothers and caregivers with easy access to videos about a baby’s first two years. The app helps support those with limited access to health care, an increasing problem worldwide due to the coronavirus pandemic.
Birth & Beyond includes all 28 videos that this company has developed. Major topics covered are birth, breastfeeding, newborn care, small baby care, and complementary feeding.
The videos are available in 21 languages and can be streamed, downloaded to an offline library, or shared with friends and family. In an effort to expand our global reach, the app will continue to be updated with new videos and more languages.
The app works with iPhones and is available for free from Apple’s App Store. An Android version of the app is coming soon.
Source: Global Health Media
Date of Publication: July 6, 2020
- Beyond the ABCs of FTPs: A Deep Dive into Emerging Considerations for First Time Parent Programs
- Training Tools: Providing Family Planning and Reproductive Health to Young Married Women and First-Time Parents in West Africa
- Scaling-Up First-Time and Young Parent Access to Postpartum Family Planning: Could Small Shifts Change the Game?
- Factors Impacting Use of Health Services by First-time/Young parents: A Formative Research Toolkit
- “Because my Husband and I Have Never Had a Baby Before…” Results and Lessons from Interventions with First-Time Parents in Madagascar, Mozambique, and Nigeria
- Evidence to Action (E2A) Project's First-Time Parent Framework
- Lessons Learned from an Integrated Approach for Reaching First-time Young Parents in Nigeria
- Reaching the Youngest Moms and Dads: A Socio-Ecological View of Actors and Factors Influencing First-time Young Parents’ Use of Sexual and Reproductive Health Services in Madagascar
- First Time Parents
- Connect: Increasing Use of Pospartum Family Planning by First-Time Parents
- REAL Fathers Initiative
- Our First Baby: Health Education for Adolescents Who are Pregnant or First-Time Parents
- Wise Woman's Diary Video Series
- Hulu Betiena: An Innovative Mobile Tool for Ethiopian Families
- Improving Family Planning Outcomes for First-Time Parents in the Greater Mahale Ecosystem of Tanzania (Brief)