This curriculum was designed for social and behavior change communication professionals in Pakistan, but can be adapted for use in other countries. The purpose of the course is to change the common perception that entertainment cannot educate. It proposes that relevant, conscious stories that tackle meaningful social issues are, in fact, synonymous with entertainment, and that stories that inspire, provoke and lead dialogue in society are desirable.
The goals are to:
- Develop student knowledge and skills to be prepared to infuse the entertainment industry with socially relevant material.
- Enable students to understand and use Entertainment Education for Social Behavior Change as a tool for creating stories that inspire positive change, empower and enlighten individuals and communities.
- Enable students will produce an artistic product (up to scripting) that integrates the principles of Social Behaviour Change Communication.
More Pakistan country page resources
- Training Toolkit on MSM Programming for the MENA Region
- FGM Infographics
- mHealth Mobile Messaging Toolkit: Considerations When Selecting a Mobile Messaging Platform Vendor
- A Field Guide to Designing a Health Communication Strategy
- Making Content Meaningful: A Guide to Adapting Existing Global Health Content for Different Audiences
- The HTSP Implementation Kit
- Emergency Preparedness and Response Training
- A Guide for Planning and Implementing Social and Behavior Change Communication Activities for Postpartum Family Planning
- Models of University Engagement with Practice
- JHSPH Open Courseware: Entertainment Education for Behavior Change
March 25, 2019