Female Genital Mutilation Cost Calculator
The WHO FGM Cost Calculator has two primary functions. It estimates the current and projected financial health care costs associated with FGM in specific countries, as well as the potential cost savings to health systems of reducing new cases of FGM.
The user starts by choosing a country of interest from the interactive map. Once a country is selected the user clicks on ‘Calculate’ in order for the visualizations to appear. The ‘Parameters’ menu allows the user to adjust epidemiological metrics, prevention intervention effectiveness, and included costs.
- Do Your Own Survey: How to Collect Data on FGM
- FGM: The Scope of the Problem in Graphics and Numbers
- Health Risks of FGM
- Responding to Female Genital Mutilation: A Guide for Key Professionals
- Behavior Change to End FGM
- Toolkit for Engaging Midwives in the Global Campaign to End FGM
- Fact Sheet on FGM
- Promoting Quality Malaria Medicines Through SBCC: An Implementation Kit
- WHO Guidelines on the Management of Health Complications from Female Genital Mutilation
February 11, 2020