Maternal Infant and Young Child Nutrition and Family Planning (MIYCN-FP) Integration Toolkit
The MIYCN-FP toolkit was compiled by the MIYCN-FP Technical Working Group. This working group brings together the MNCH, FP/RH and nutrition communities.
This Toolkit is not a comprehensive library of all existing materials on MIYCN or FP but is rather a strategic package of resources to guide program managers at implementing organizations, advocates, and decision makers through the processes of piloting, implementing, and scaling up integrated programs and advocating for policy change. These resources include:
- Up-to-date global and country-specific background and reference materials to inform advocacy and assist with the design of evidence-based, state-of-the-art programs.
- Job aids, curricula, and other tools to increase the effectiveness and quality of program activities and services.
- Publications that detail key implementation processes and lessons learned.
Intended audiences for this toolkit are:
- Advocates and policymakers will find research and information to help set national guidelines about MIYCN-FP programs and plan for future changes in service delivery.
- Program managers will find information and tools to help them design, plan, implement, and scale up programs.
- Trainers can review the latest curricula for training service providers on nutrition or family planning and reproductive health generally and for specific contraceptive methods.
- Health workers will find tools and job aids to help them provide quality services to their clients.
- Communication professionals can use the toolkit resources to explore strategies, media, and messages about MIYCN-FP integration. We invite you to suggest resources or adapt the resources in this toolkit to suit your local circumstances and languages.
Last modified: October 7, 2019