Prioritizing and Targeting SBC Investments for Youth
Breakthrough RESEARCH, through analysis led by Avenir Health, has developed two briefs exploring the factors related to adolescent childbearing and youth contraceptive use in USAID priority countries to show how social behavior change (SBC) investments can be tailored to focus on the unique circumstances of different young people.
The first brief underscores the need for prioritized SBC investments to address adolescent pregnancy that are tailored to country context. It discusses potential investments scope and type based on the level of adolescent pregnancy and the concentration of adolescent pregnancy within or outside of marriage.
The second brief underscores the need for prioritized SBC investments can address the FP needs of married young women. It discusses potential investments based on levels of current use of modern contraception and the potential demand for modern contraception, and is designed to help decision-makers prioritize and focus SBC interventions.
These documents are intended for global and country-level decision-makers and family planning/reproductive health program implementers in USAID priority countries.
For more information, contact Michelle Weinberger at MWeinberger@avenirhealth.org.
- Prioritizing and Targeting SBC Investments for Youth
- Zika Communication Network
- Empathy – How to Improve Your Designs by Developing Empathy for Your Target Group
- A Guide to Successful Public-Private Partnerships for Youth Programs
- Barrier Analysis Questionnaires
- Straight to the Point: Identifying and Prioritizing Behavior Change Needs
- A Field Guide to Designing a Health Communication Strategy
- Making Content Meaningful: A Guide to Adapting Existing Global Health Content for Different Audiences
- Technical Specifications Content Guide for Behaviors with High Potential to Prevent Zika
- Design Kit for Human-Centered Design
- Your Child's Health Depends on You
- Transformer les initiatives: Utiliser le continuum de genre pour comprendre le public cible / Transforming initiatives: Using the Gender Continuum to Understand the Target Audience
- Situation Analysis of Behavior Change Communication Activities in Bihar
- Situation Analysis of Nutrition in Southern Sudan: Analysis Based on June 2009 Assessment
- Rhythm of Life Music and Health Festival- Zambia
September 24, 2019