SBCC for Emergency Preparedness Implementation Kit
The purpose of this I-Kit is to provide a set of key considerations for SBCC activities in emergency situations.
This I-Kit provides essential information and tools for responding to an outbreak using an SBCC approach. It presents a series of nine units, each accompanied by exercise worksheets to help link the SBCC theory to practice.
Each unit builds on the one prior, and they all combine to provide key information for developing an SBCC strategy. It is not essential, however, to work through the I-Kit from start to finish. Users can choose to focus on specific aspects for which they need support in their emergency communication response. The nine units and corresponding worksheets are outlined in the I-Kit Site Navigator.
The worksheets in each section are typically followed by a completed example. The completed examples will likely include information about an emergency that, during an actual event, might not be immediately available. This was done to illustrate the full range of information to inform a strategic communication response.
This kit is also available in Portuguese.
- Emergency Preparedness and Response Training
- RCCE Action Plan Guidance: COVID-19 Preparedness and Response
- Behaviour Change Communication in Emergencies- A Toolkit
- CERC Manual for Emergency Risk Commuication
- Avian Influenza Emergency Risk Communication
- Seven Steps to Effective Media Communication During Public Health Emergencies
- Menstrual Hygiene in Emergencies Toolkit
- Global Humanitarian Response Plan- COVID-19
- The SBCC Emergency Helix
- Communicating Risk in Public Health Emergencies
July 21, 2020