COVideo19 Student-Led Initiative
COVideo19 is an initiative led by Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health students aimed at providing science-based, social media friendly information on COVID-19 in multiple languages. The students are part of the Digital Health Society, the student arm of the Johns Hopkins University Global mHealth Initiative.
The video series, aimed at young, connected audiences around the globe, challenges viewers to become “public health warriors” and combines scientific knowledge about COVID-19 with instructions on how to help stop its spread. In addition to the introductory video—now available in 20 languages and counting—COVideo19 features brief Q&As in multiple languages that address common myths, misconceptions, and concerns sourced from students’ home communities, ranging from the effects of COVID-19 on mental health to the seasonality of the coronavirus. The videos are available on the School’s playlist.
Source: Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health
Date of Publication: May 17, 2020
- COVID-Ready Communication Playbook for Health Professionals
- Noora Health COVID-19 Resources
- Social Media Rumour Bulletin
- Coronavirus — COVID-19 Factsheet
- COVID-19 Communication Materials for the Americas
- COVID on the Breadline
- WHO’s Science in 5 on COVID-19: Vaccines, Variants and Doses
- Films about Coronavirus
- Coronavirus disease (COVID-19) Advice for the Public
- Timelapse Video of the Virus - Wawamu Stats