Zoonotic Behavioral Research Assessments (ZBRA) Web-Based Toolkit
The concept of One Health reflects the reality that human, animal, and environmental health are all interrelated. Human behavior is a key factor in spillover events, when a disease jumps from animals to humans, as well as person-to-person transmission.
The Zoonotic Behavioral Research Assessments (ZBRA) is a web-based toolkit that contains:
- An overview of fourteen (and counting) zoonotic diseases with epidemic potential
- A table linking diseases to specific behaviors that protect or create risks for the diseases
- Research questions that have been used to explore behavioral determinants in a variety of settings
- A summary of research themes and reports from Breakthrough ACTION countries on One Health topics
- Pages for several countries involved in Global Health Security activities
The toolkit is also available in French.
Last modified: March 28, 2023
Source: Johns Hopkins Center For Communication Programs
Year of Publication: 2023