BIDA Solusyon sa COVID-19 Campaign Materials
BIDA Solusyon sa COVID-19 campaign is a nationwide campaign that simplifies the citizen’s tasks into 4 letters — BIDA (hero), and encourages them to take an active role in the fight against a common enemy: COVID-19 (the “contrabida”).
The campaign encourages people to #BIDASolusyon (Be The Solution) by following 4 BIDA behaviors:
- B – Bawal walang mask (Don’t go out without a mask)
- I – I-sanitize ang mga kamay, iwas hawak sa mga bagay (Sanitize your hand, avoid touching things)
- D – Dumistansya ng isang metro (Keep your distance of 1 meter)
- A – Alamin ang totoong impormasyon (Know the right information)
The campaign materials include TV commercial, radio commercial, print materials such as posters, billboards, signages, and decals, newspaper ads, social media cards, broadcaster’s manual, and hygiene kit. The hygiene kit has bath soap, laundry soap, fabric mask, toothbrush, toothpaste, sanitary napkin, shampoo, nail cutter, dishwashing liquid, and BIDA kit bag with BIDA, DOH, and USAID logos.
This campaign was developed and implemented through the collaboration of USAID Philippines, Breakthrough ACTION team, and Department of Health, and in partnership with other public and private partners.
It is a multimedia campaign to maximize reach and enable behavior.
For implementation purposes, there are the following:
The following materials are included in the campaign:
- TV Commercials – 30 seconds and 45 seconds, 45 second ad with subtitles
- Radio Commercial – general
- Radio Commercial with celebrity endorsement
- Radio Commercial with Alden
Source: Breakthrough ACTION/Johns Hopkins Center for Communication Programs
Date of Publication: March 16, 2021
- COVID-19 Communication Materials for the Americas
- Physical Distancing, Face Masks, and Eye Protection for Prevention of COVID-19
- Coronavirus disease (COVID-19): Masks
- How COVID-19 Spreads
- Noora Health COVID-19 Resources
- Advice on the Use of Masks for Children in the Community in the Context of COVID-19
- Nigeria Centre for Disease Control COVID-19 Resource Center
- COVID-Ready Communication Playbook for Health Professionals
- Scientific Brief: Community Use of Cloth Masks to Control the Spread of SARS-CoV-2
- The Infection Control Symbol Package