Men's Health Kit
The Men's Health Kit was designed in Zambia as a facility-based teaching aid that can be used by health providers when counseling men about health. Initially designed around counseling for Voluntary Medical Male Circumcision, the initial focus groups with men expanded its scope to 'everything men wanted to know about SRH but were afraid to (or did not know where or who to) ask.
This kit was so popular that copies of it were stolen from the printing warehouse where it was stored before distribution. The facility-based providers who were given mock-ups to pretest in their health centers for a week, came back with great feedback but refused to return their mock ups because they were afraid they would not get another copy later.
This is a rare tool developed for counseling men and has already been requested by other countries for adaptation.
- Community Communication MNCH e-Manual: Participatory Health Promotion Sessions
- Promoting Quality Malaria Medicine through Social and Behavior Change Communication
- The Future of Malaria Social and Behavior Change Communication
- The Infection Control Symbol Package
- Family Planning Counselling Kit
- Infection Control Symbol Templates
- SBCC for Malaria in Pregnancy: Strategy Development Guidance
- Guide to Strategic Communication Online
- Malaria Case Management: Monitoring and Evaluation for SBCC
- Men's Reproductive Health Curriculum
March 25, 2019