PrEP Communications Accelerator
The PrEP Communications Accelerator is a free interactive, digital resource that supports national governments, program implementers, and health practitioners to develop marketing and communications that drive demand for PrEP in sub-Saharan Africa.
Both easy to use and information-rich, the Accelerator offers tested guidance throughout the lifecycle of a PrEP communications campaign and can be applicable across all PrEP formulations.
The Accelerator also includes information about creating an enabling environment for PrEP with communications for the general population. Here, the goal is not to encourage the use of PrEP by everyone, but rather to educate the full population about PrEP and create general positive awareness for this new HIV prevention method. Creating a supportive environment for PrEP is vital to its success.
- Oral Pre-Exposure Prophylaxis- Questions and Answers
- Guidance for Providing Informed-Choice Counseling on Sexual Health for Women Interested in PrEP: Kenya and South Africa
- Joint WHO/ILO Guidelines on Post-Exposure Prophylaxis (PEP) to Prevent HIV Infection
- Accelerator Behaviors
- Guidance for the Prevention of Sexually Transmitted HIV Infections
- Treatment 2015
- Developing Marketing and Communications Strategies to Promote Demand and Uptake of PrEP
- Adolescent HIV Testing, Counselling and Care
- People Are Going off PrEP in the COVID-19 Era Because They’re Not Having Sex
- Driving the HIV response: Community Guide to the WHO 2013 Consolidated Guidelines on the Use of Antiretroviral Drugs for Treating and Preventing HIV Infection
September 27, 2019