Toolkit for Transition of Care and Other Services for Adolescents Living with HIV
It is recommended that, for children known to be living with HIV, the transition process from pediatric to adult care should begin in preadolescence with a transition plan developed and reviewed—at minimum—annually. Included in this Toolkit is information and tools that community care provicers (CCPs) and health care providers (HCPs) can use to develop a minimum package of services for their clients that includes psychosocial support; mental health; sexual and reproductive health (SRH); protection; alcohol and substance use; beneficial disclosure; loss, grief, and bereavement; positive living; clinical considerations; and linking health facilities and community programs.
This toolkit allows the adolescent and the family/caregiver to participate and guide the transition process based upon the adolescent’s readiness. In addition, it allows the HCP/CCP to support the adolescent during the transition process to maximize resiliency, minimize risk factors, and promote positive personal growth.
The toolkit includes guidelines and checklists for counselors in talking to the adolescent about sexual behavior, reproductive health, and related issues.
- Positive Connections: Leading Information and Support Groups for Adolescents Living with HIV
- Adolescents Living with HIV (ALHIV) Toolkit
- Adolescent HIV Testing, Counselling and Care
- Promoting the Health of Men who Have Sex with Men Worldwide: A Training Curriculum for Providers
- Addressing the Needs of Young People Living with HIV
- Family Planning and HIV Service Integration E-Learning Course
- HIV-Related Stigma and Discrimination Toolkit
- Consolidated Guideline on Sexual and Reproductive Health and Rights of Women Living with HIV
- Guidelines for the Use of Antiretroviral Agents in HIV-1-Infected Adults and Adolescents
- Orientation Programme on Adolescent Health for Health-Care Providers
- Caring for Those with HIV Learning Package
- HIV Testing and Counselling for Children: A Training Course for Counsellors
- Positive Youth
- HIV and Sexual and Reproductive Health and Rights: Visions, Voices, and Priorities of Young People Living with and Most Affected by HIV
- Planting Our Tree of Hope: A Toolkit on Positive Prevention for People Living with HIV- Flipchart
March 25, 2019