Breakthrough ACTION Zambia
Breakthrough ACTION Zambia (2017-2020) worked to increase the adoption and maintenance of healthy behaviors among Zambian individuals, families, and communities.
Breakthrough ACTION works with beneficiaries and stakeholders to design and pilot innovative interventions.
All activities are evidence-informed and theory-based, focusing on three primary objectives:
- reduce barriers to adoption of priority social and individual behaviors;
- strengthen functional linkages between health facilities; and
- improve the capacity and commitment of Zambian institutions to fund, coordinate, design and implement effective SBC programming
Breakthrough ACTION’s overarching campaign – Life is Precious, Take Care of It – addresses the psycho-social, cultural, and structural barriers to care-seeking. The campaign places special focus on men and adolescents, encouraging greater uptake of health services at local clinics. A variety of multimedia approaches and materials are used to reach the target populations, including targeted mass, community, and social media, Men’s and Adolescent’s Health Days, testimonials from national and community champions, and posters and job aids for health care workers.
During the course of the project, the Zambia team worked with BA’s Compass team to develop a stand-alone Zambia Compass to gather and share country-specific materials for the country’s SBC professionals.
Breakthrough ACTION Zambia materials are here.
Source: Breakthrough ACTION/Johns Hopkins Center for Communication Programs
Date of Publication: September 29, 2020
- The ECHO Study Report
- Advocating for Social and Behavior Change in Family Planning Programs: A Message Framework
- Reaching First-Time Parents and Young Married Women for Healthy Timing and Spacing of Pregnancies in Burkina Faso
- Guidance on Social and Behavior Change for Family Planning During COVID-19
- Communication sur le COVID-19
- Conseils sur le changement social et de comportement pour la planification familiale pendant le COVID-19
- Lever les Tabous: La sexualité et les approches promouvant l’égalité des genres pour mettre fin aux unions et aux mariages d’enfants, précoces et forcés
- HTSP Project Briefs: Niger, Togo
- Guide de Formation Conseil Dépistage du VIH au niveau Communautaire: manuel à l'intention du personnel non médical
- Creating Mobile Health Solutions for Behaviour Change: A Study of Eight Services in the mNutrition Initiative Portfolio