Engaging Traditional Leaders in the Prevention of HIV and Gender-Based Violence
This toolkit is a selection of resources on the role of traditional leaders and culture in preventing HIV and gender-based violence (GBV).
The resources are organized into the following categories: Country and regional experiences and lessons sharing, Research and issue papers, Programming guidelines and tools, Governance, and HIV prevention and culture. The resources are aimed at traditional leaders, policy makers, program managers, researchers, NGOs, CBOs and implementing partners working in the field of HIV and AIDS, sexual reproductive health, and gender-based violence.
The aim of the toolkit is to help these leaders and professionals engage and support traditional leadership to champion the prevention of HIV and GBV. It also contains resources and tools that can be used by traditional leaders to build their understanding and capacity around HIV and GBV prevention.
Date of Publication: March 25, 2019
- Gender and COVID-19 Research Project
- COVID-19: Resources to Address Gender-based Violence Risks
- Identifying & Mitigating Gender-based Violence Risks within the COVID-19 Response
- COVID-19: The Gendered Impacts of the Outbreak
- A Guide to WHO’s Guidance on COVID-19
- Gender-based Violence Prevention, Risk Mitigation and Response during COVID-19
- Global Rapid Gender Analysis for COVID-19
- Taking Action to increase Gender Equality - Guidance Supplement: Gender Indicators
- Gender and COVID-19 Website
- The Facilitation Primer