Information About Social Distancing
This fact sheet explains that social distancing is a term applied to certain actions that are taken by public health officials to stop or slow down the spread of a highly contagious disease.
Social distancing measures are taken to restrict when and where people can gather to stop or slow the spread of infectious diseases. Social distancing measures include limiting large groups of people coming together, closing buildings and canceling events.
Source: Santa Clara Valley Health and Hospital System Public Health Department
Date of Publication: March 13, 2020
- COVID-19: Simple Answers to Top Questions Risk Communication Field Guide Questions and Key Messages
- How the Virus Won
- Questions and Answers about Breastfeeding and COVID-19
- COVID-19 Vaccination Communication
- Questions and Answers about Violence against Women and COVID-19
- Updated Resources and Tools for Reopening Schools and Childcare Programs
- 3-D Simulation about Social Distancing
- Misunderstanding Vaccine Side Effects Poses a Problem for Uptake
- FEMA Coronavirus Rumor Control
- Guidance Notes for IFRC and Response Teams