Nalamdana’s Tips for COVID-19 Prevention – Part 1
Since the emergence of COVID-19, clearly communicating dos and don’ts to audiences who live and work in low resource and crowded contexts has become more important than ever. As the pandemic progresses, the need for physical distancing, masks, and hand-washing will remain for the foreseeable future.
Nalamdana’s short films (under three minutes) use an entertainment education format, and use humor and plain language to share key tips with low literate audiences on preventing the transmission of COVID-19. Preemptively addressing barriers and dispelling common myths where possible, the videos are intended for sharing on digital and social media. Also under development are audio scripts to mirror the films. These are intended for community radio broadcast and sharing through social media.
Nalamdana is a health communication NGO based in Chennai, India, empowering people towards better health since 1993.
Date of Publication: June 16, 2021
- Fake Covid Videos 'Will Cost Lives'
- COVID-19 Communication Materials for the Americas
- WHO’s Science in 5 on COVID-19: Vaccines, Variants and Doses
- Coronavirus — COVID-19 Factsheet
- COVID on the Breadline
- Actions to Support Media, Enhance Access to Information, and Leverage Digital Technologies in the Fight Against the Pandemic
- Timeline: WHO's COVID-19 Response
- Nine Tips for Spotting Misinformation about the Coronavirus
- KAP COVID: Exploring Knowledge, Attitudes, and Practices for COVID-19 Prevention
- British Medical Journal COVID-19 Hub