Vaccines, Pregnancy, Menstruation, Lactation and Fertility
This 5 minute video is part of the World Health Organization (WHO) “Science in 5” series of short videos to educate the public and professional world about important issues related to COVID-19.
In this episode, Dr. Soumya Swaminathan discusses the guidance for vaccination of women with breastfeeding infants, women who are pregnant or planning to get pregnant and women who are menstruating. She also talks about vaccines and fertility.
Source: World Health Organization
Date of Publication: June 7, 2021
- COVID-19 in Pregnancy and Lactation
- Maternal, Newborn, and Reproductive Health and COVID-19: Adaptations, Successes, Challenges, and Next Steps. An Expert Consultation
- Talking to Children about Illness and Death of a Loved One during the COVID-19 Pandemic
- COVID-19, Maternal and Child Health, Nutrition – What Does the Science Tell Us?
- Building Resilient Societies after COVID-19: The Case for Investing in Maternal, Neonatal, and Child Health
- COVID-19, Maternal and Child Health, and Nutrition
- Improving the Health of Women, Children and Adolescents - from Evidence to Action: Online Course
- Questions and Answers about Breastfeeding and COVID-19
- COVID-19, Breastfeeding, Infant Feeding, and Breast Milk
- WHO’s Science in 5 on COVID-19: Vaccines, Variants and Doses