Wazazi Nipendeni – Individual Birth Planning
Wazazi Nipendeni (Love me, parents) is a national, multi-channel social and behavior change communication campaign in Tanzania that aims to empower pregnant women and their partners to take the steps necessary for a healthy pregnancy and safe delivery. This poster was a part of the campaign’s package of materials provided to health facilities.
All materials intended for use at the health facility level were distributed at central level to Wazazi Nipendeni service delivery partners, who in turn distributed them to the hospitals, health centers, and dispensaries in which they operate. Materials were expected to reach over 3,400 of Tanzania’s approximately 5,000 health facilities through the 11 collaborating service delivery partners.
Individual birth planning (IBP) posters depict the six essential elements of an IBP (due date, name of the health facility for delivery, plan for transport to the health facility, supplies to take to the health facility, who will accompany the woman to the health facility, and who will take care of the home while the mother is away), encourag women to make an IBP, and include a referral to the SMS system for more information. Posters are meant to be hung in locations visible to ANC clients at the health facility.
Source: Johns Hopkins University Center for Communication Programs
Date of Publication: March 25, 2019
- Beyond the ABCs of FTPs: A Deep Dive into Emerging Considerations for First Time Parent Programs
- Birth Spacing and Family Welfare Sermons
- Questions and Answers about Breastfeeding and COVID-19
- Community Communication MNCH e-Manual: Participatory Health Promotion Sessions
- Maternal Newborn Child Health - Nutrition Quality Improvement Tools
- Evidence to Action (E2A) Project's First-Time Parent Framework
- Factors Impacting Use of Health Services by First-time/Young parents: A Formative Research Toolkit
- “Because my Husband and I Have Never Had a Baby Before…” Results and Lessons from Interventions with First-Time Parents in Madagascar, Mozambique, and Nigeria
- Entertainment-Education Curriculum
- Healthy Timing and Spacing of Pregnancy Fact Sheet