Who to Trust and How to Overcome COVID-19 Misinformation in Nigeria
In Nigeria, as in many countries, social media has allowed anyone to post COVID-19 misinformation as truth and fact, while misleading the public and, in some cases, causing real damage.
This article reviews some of the major misinformation events in Nigeria during the pandemic and notes the steps being taken to correct that situation.
Source: Nigeria Health Watch
Date of Publication: August 31, 2020
- Nigeria Centre for Disease Control COVID-19 Resource Center
- Coronavirus: The Human Cost of Virus Misinformation
- Building Trust while Influencing Online COVID-19 Content in the Social Media World
- Coronavirus: The Seven Types of People who Start and Spread Viral Misinformation
- COVID-19 in Africa: Fighting Fake News about Coronavirus
- Fake News Can Be Deadly. Here's How to Spot It
- Coronavirus: Here's How You can Stop Bad Information from Going Viral
- Rooted in Trust: Global Rumor Bulletin
- Handbook for Media: the Coronavirus and COVID-19
- FEMA Coronavirus Rumor Control