How to Protect Yourself in the Infodemic?
Sharing unverified information during the COVID-19 pandemic can be dangerous, unhealthy, and make our life more confusing. UNESCO and the World Health Organization are calling out this Infodemic and calling on you to be on the frontline for truth. It’s easy. Watch the video for the simple actions we can all take on how to identify false information, verify trusted sources, and help ourselves and loved ones to stay safe.
- How to Fight an Infodemic: The Four Pillars of Infodemic Management
- COVID-19 Communication Materials for the Americas
- Framework for Managing the COVID-19 Infodemic: Methods and Results of an Online, Crowdsourced WHO Technical Consultation
- An Exploration of How Fake News is Taking over Social Media and Putting Public Health at Risk
- Anti-Virus: The Covid-19 FAQ
- Call for Action: Managing the Infodemic
- Nigeria Centre for Disease Control COVID-19 Resource Center
- COVID-19–Related Infodemic and Its Impact on Public Health: A Global Social Media Analysis
- COVID-19 Testing Communications Toolkit
- Actions to Support Media, Enhance Access to Information, and Leverage Digital Technologies in the Fight Against the Pandemic