Breakthrough ACTION Nepal Social and Behavior Change Capacity Self-Assessment Report, 2019
Breakthrough ACTION Nepal’s social and behavior change (SBC) system-strengthening project (2018–2020) supports the institutional and technical capacity of the Government of Nepal (GON) to design, implement, evaluate, and coordinate SBC programs within its newly federalized landscape.
The project aims to strengthen the SBC system in Nepal so that stakeholders can address the health needs of local households and communities and ultimately improve outcomes across family planning, nutrition, and maternal, newborn, child, and adolescent health.
Findings from baseline assessments helped to identify key gaps in SBC capacity, including a lack of understanding about SBC, lack of evidence-based SBC program design and planning, and inadequate coordination among stakeholders. To address these gaps, Breakthrough ACTION Nepal designed activities to strengthen the country’s SBC systems for health around needs and opportunities at the municipal level.
This report details the results of these activities.
Source: Breakthrough ACTION/Johns Hopkins Center for Communication Programs
Date of Publication: June 29, 2020
- PBCC Program Self-Assessment Tool
- Strengthening the USAID Zika Response: Experiences from the Zika Social and Behavior Change Working Group
- Evidence Review and Analysis of Provider Behavior Change Opportunities: Literature Review
- Fostering a Community of Practice for Social and Behavior Change Costing
- Developing Social and Behavior Change Costing Guidelines
- Making the Business Case for Social and Behavior Change in Family Planning
- Creating a Social and Behavior Change Cost Repository
- Supportive Supervision and Monitoring Checklist
- Social and Behavior Change Research Spotlights
- Informing Social and Behavior Change Programs Using Social Listening and Social Monitoring
- Outcome Harvesting Evaluation of Social and Behavior Change Capacity Strengthening Activities in Nepal
- Data Scoping Evidence for Contraceptive Use, ANC, Institutional Delivery, SBA, in Nepal
- Project Performance Indicator Reference Sheet
- Landscape Analysis Workshops in Nepal Summary Findings
- Evidence Maps