Child Marriage = Rape!
Real Open Opportunities for Transformation Support (ROOTS) is a child and women rights advocacy non-governmental organisation. This banner was hung wherever the organization held community dialogue meetings to raise awareness on the dangers of marrying off children.
ROOTS conducted open platform dialogue sessions with community members, traditional and political leaders to openly discuss, share notes and proffer solutions in curbing the problem of child marriages at community levels.The idea, was to have communities develop customised methods of ending child marriages.In addition to the awareness, ROOTS also addresses sexual and reproductive health needs of young girls and HIV prevention.
Photo credit: Aaron Ufumeli, Newsday, Zimbabwe 2015
Source: Real Open Opportunities for Transformation Support (ROOTS)
Date of Publication: March 25, 2019
- Lever les Tabous: La sexualité et les approches promouvant l’égalité des genres pour mettre fin aux unions et aux mariages d’enfants, précoces et forcés
- Child Marriage Theory of Change
- What does Child Marriage Mean for Girls?
- Solutions to End Child Marriage
- The Top 5 Things You Didn't Know About Child Marriage
- Child Marriage Facts and Figures
- Child Marriage Factsheets
- Tackling the Taboo: Sexuality and Gender-Transformative Programmes to End Chlld, Early, and Forced Marriage and Unions
- Child, Early, and Forced Marriage Resource Guide
- Girl-Centered Program Design: A Toolkit to Develop, Strengthen and Expand Adolescent Girls Programs