COVID-19 Radio Spots, Indonesia
These radio spots are intended for the general public, and explain various aspects about dealing with COVID-19.
- Adaptasi Kebiasaan Baru – Puskesmas – emphasizes the need to adapt to new habits in light of COVID-19 in Puskesmas, which is a community health facility.
- Adaptasi Kebiasaan Baru – 3 Perilaku Kunci – promotes three key behaviors for COVID-19 prevention (handwashing with soap, wearing mask, and physical distancing)
- Adaptasi Kebiasaan Baru – Peran warga desa – targeted the general public on community members’ involvement to prevent the spread of COVID-19
- Jaga Jarak/Physical distancing – A radio spot about physical distancing that targeted the general public
- Tunda Mudik – A radio spot about the recommendation of not visiting families in the village during the Eid holiday. In Indonesia, it is a tradition to visit families in the village (grandparents and relatives) during the Eid holiday and celebrate the Eid together.
- Cuci Tangan Pakai Sabun/Handwashing – A radio spot about the importance of handwashing with soap and steps in doing handwashing in order to prevent the spread of COVID-19
- Cara Batuk Bersin/Coughing – A radio spot targeted the general public that contains the information on how to cough and sneeze properly in order to prevent the spread of COVID-19
- Masker/mask – A radio spot targeted the general public that contains the information on the importance of wearing mask in order to prevent the spread of COVID-19
Radio Ad-Lib Briefs
- Cuci Tangan Pakai Sabun/handwashing – A brief for radio ad-libs on handwashing with soap including the importance of handwashing with soap as one of three key behaviors in preventing the spread of COVID-19 and also the steps in washing hand with soap.
- Jaga jarak/physical distancing – A brief for radio ad-libs on physical distancing including the importance of physical distancing as one of three key behaviors in preventing the spread of COVID-19.
- Cara batuk & bersin/coughing – A brief for radio ad-libs on how to properly coughing and sneezing in order to prevent the spread of COVID-19
- Tidak Mudik/phyisical distancing – A brief for radio ad-libs on not visiting families in the village during Eid holiday. This is also part of physical distancing behavior.
- Stigma – A brief for radio ad-libs on stigma especially on the burial ceremony.
- Masker/Mask – A brief for radio ad-libs on wearing mask as one of the three key behaviors in COVID-19 prevention. It also includes how to use mask properly.
- Roles of Religious Leader – A brief for radio ad-libs targeted the religious leaders and their roles in COVID-19 prevention which includes providing valid information to counter hoax, misinfomation, and stigma since religious leaders are still considered as source of infomation for Indonesian.
This campaign includes radio spots, video spots, infographics, and a Question and Answer booklet.
Source: Breakthrough ACTION/Johns Hopkins Center for Communication Programs
Date of Publication: December 22, 2020
- COVID-19 Communication Materials for the Americas
- How COVID-19 Spreads
- Noora Health COVID-19 Resources
- Coronavirus — COVID-19 Factsheet
- Coronavirus disease (COVID-19): Masks
- Physical Distancing, Face Masks, and Eye Protection for Prevention of COVID-19
- Technical Brief: Virtual Pretesting during COVID-19
- Nigeria Centre for Disease Control COVID-19 Resource Center
- Scientific Brief: Community Use of Cloth Masks to Control the Spread of SARS-CoV-2
- Technical Brief: Using Social Media to Disseminate COVID-19 Information