National Framework for Effective HPN Social and Behavior Change Communication
The strategic plan for the national Health Population and Nutrition Sector Development Program (HPNSDP) describes the Government of Bangladesh’s intentions for developments and innovations in Health Population and Nutrition (HPN) for the period of 2011-2016. The HPNSDP identifies social and behavior change communication (SBCC) as a key strategy for achieving positive and lasting health outcomes.
This framework supports the implementation of the Bangladesh Health Population and Nutrition Sector Development Program (HPNSDP) by ensuring that SBCC activities are aligned with Government of Bangladesh policies, strategies and plans, and that they are carried out according to high-quality standards for best practices.This framework was developed by the Bangladesh BCC Working Group following a participatory, iterative process in close consultation with relevant key stakeholders and concerned experts including DGFP, DGHS, development partners, NGOs and civil society members.
The National Framework for Effective HPN SBCC assists all stakeholders to deliver consistent, reinforcing messages to priority audiences addressing key behaviors in support of the HPNSDP. The Framework facilitates coordination between and among stakeholders, and will align all stakeholders’ activities with government policies and strategies. The Framework supports the planning, design and implementation of effective communication in support of favorable health outcomes.
Source: Bangladesh BCC Working Group
Date of Publication: March 25, 2019
- SBCC for Malaria in Pregnancy: Strategy Development Guidance
- Crisis and Outbreak Communication Pandemic Flu and Other Disasters
- Promoting Quality Malaria Medicines Through SBCC: An Implementation Kit
- Social and Behavior Change Considerations for Areas Transitioning from High and Moderate to Low, Very Low and Zero Malaria Transmission
- National Framework for Effective HPN Social and Behavior Change Communication
- Using Social & Behavior Change To Improve Family Planning Outcomes / Utilisation du Changement Social et Comportemental pour Améliorer le Bilan du Planning Familial en Afrique de l'Ouest
- Integrated Management Strategy for Dengue Prevention and Control
- Religious Leaders Play Key Role in Battle against COVID-19
- Writing a Communication Strategy for Development Programmes: A Guideline for Programme Managers and Communication Officers