SBCC Capacity Strengthening Framework, Bangladesh
Under BKMI, the Bangladesh Knowledge Management Initiative II (BKMI), multiple frameworks were developed to outline approaches to strengthen SBCC capacity within the Bangladesh Ministry of Health and Family Welfare. The strategic plan for the national Health Population and Nutrition Sector Development Program (HPNSDP) describes the Government of Bangladesh’s intentions for developments and innovations in Health Population and Nutrition (HPN) for the period of 2011‐2016. The HPNSDP identifies social and behavior change communication (SBCC) as a key strategy for achieving positive and lasting health outcomes.
This Framework supports the implementation of the HPNSDP by ensuring that SBCC activities are aligned with GoB policies, strategies and plans, and that they are carried out according to high‐quality standards for best practices.
This framework was developed by the Bangladesh BCC Working Group following a participatory, iterative process in close consultation with relevant key stakeholders and concerned experts including DGFP, DGHS, development partners, NGOs and civil society members.
The Framework assists all stakeholders to deliver consistent, reinforcing messages to priority audiences addressing key behaviors in support of the HPNSDP. It facilitates coordination between and among stakeholders, and will align all stakeholders’ activities with government policies and strategies. The Framework supports the planning, design and implementation of effective communication in support of favorable health outcomes.
Source: Johns Hopkins Center for Communication Programs
Date of Publication: March 25, 2019
- Promoting Quality Malaria Medicines Through SBCC: An Implementation Kit
- SBCC for Malaria in Pregnancy: Strategy Development Guidance
- CDC’s Guiding Principles for Public-Private Partnerships: A Tool to Support Engagement to Achieve Public Health Goals
- How Businesses Can Invest in Women and Realize Returns
- Social Franchising: Improving Quality and Expanding Contraceptive Choice in the Private Sector
- Engaging the Private Sector in Maternal and Neonatal Health in Low and Middle Income Countries
- Crisis and Outbreak Communication Pandemic Flu and Other Disasters
- The Strategic Framework for Malaria Social and Behaviour Change Communication 2018-2030
- Using Social & Behavior Change To Improve Family Planning Outcomes / Utilisation du Changement Social et Comportemental pour Améliorer le Bilan du Planning Familial en Afrique de l'Ouest
- Integrated Management Strategy for Dengue Prevention and Control