Obstetric Fistula Survivor Stories
Between 2005 and September 2013, 33,402 fistula repair surgeries were supported with funding from USAID, over 23,000 of which were supported by Fistula Care.
Each woman has her own amazing story. Here are just a few of the women whose lives have been transformed by fistula surgery. Use our map to navigate by country, or see below for women’s stories from Bangladesh, Ethiopia, Guinea, Mali, Nigeria, Niger, Sierra Leone, Sudan and Uganda.
Date of Publication: October 11, 2021
- Obstetric Fistula: Guiding Principles for Clinical Management and Program Development
- Zika and Pregnancy: Questions and Answers
- Love, Children and Family Planning: Seven Discussion Guides for Christian Small Groups
- Family Planning Discussion Topics for Voluntary Counseling and Testing
- The Story of Co-Design
- Promoting the Health of Men who Have Sex with Men Worldwide: A Training Curriculum for Providers
- Healthy Timing and Spacing of Pregnancy Fact Sheet
- SBCC for Malaria in Pregnancy: Strategy Development Guidance
- Antiretroviral Therapy for HIV Infection in Infants and Children: Recommendations for a Public Health Approach
- Using Social & Behavior Change To Improve Family Planning Outcomes / Utilisation du Changement Social et Comportemental pour Améliorer le Bilan du Planning Familial en Afrique de l'Ouest