Health Phone [Videos, Website]
HealthPhone™ is a personal video reference library and guide to better health and nutrition practices, for families and communities, including the illiterate, in their language, distributed on mobile phones.
HealthPhone™ provides families with their own personal reference library and guide to better health practices. Available in real time, right to those who need it, when they need it and when a health problem is about to strike, where they are, and as they are.
There is no signal or connection required. HealthPhone’s™ over 1,400 health and nutrition videos are available on the following topics:
- Timing of Pregnancy
- Safe Motherhood and Newborn Health
- Child Development and Early Learning
- Nutrition and Growth, Immunization
- Coughs, Colds and More Serious Illnesses
- Child Protection
- Injury Prevention
- Emergencies: preparedness and response
This knowledge, in 61 languages, is pre-loaded on microSD chips for popular low-cost models of mobile phones – no signal is required, nor cost to download videos and other media. Users choose what they want to watch and listen to and when, wherever they happen to be.
Date of Publication: March 25, 2019
- Social Media Rumour Bulletin
- COVID-Ready Communication Playbook for Health Professionals
- Helping Health Workers Learn
- Community Leadership Development Program (Community LDP)
- Coronavirus — COVID-19 Factsheet
- Not Just Hotlines and Mobile Phones: GBV Service Provision during COVID-19
- Noora Health COVID-19 Resources
- Translators without Borders Glossary for COVID-19
- ITN Access Indicator Snapshot
- What is Social and Behavior Change Communication?