Foundations for a Healthy School
The Ontario, Canada Ministry of Education initiated a Healthy School program to encourage all schools to promote good health habits among the students. This includes providing guidelines for good food, daily physical activity and a healthy environment that supports learning and growth as vital to helping students reach their full potential.
This chart outlines the elements of a “Healthy School” which cover the broad areas of instruction, physical environment, social environment, and community partnerships. Health topics covered include healthy eating, physical activity, prevention of bullying, injury prevention, substance abuse, healthy growth, and mental health.
This is the program outline upon which the Healthy Living Champions Award program was based.
Source: Ontario Ministry of Education
Date of Publication: March 25, 2019
- Updated Resources and Tools for Reopening Schools and Childcare Programs
- Supporting your Child’s Mental Health as They Return to School during COVID-19
- Framework for Reopening Schools
- Considerations for Schools
- Entertainment-Education Curriculum
- How Businesses Can Invest in Women and Realize Returns
- Lever les Tabous: La sexualité et les approches promouvant l’égalité des genres pour mettre fin aux unions et aux mariages d’enfants, précoces et forcés
- The Behavior Change Framework
- Accelerator Behaviors
- The Essential Package: Holistically Addressing the Needs of Young Vulnerable Children and Their Caregivers Affected by HIV and AIDS