Gender Mainstreaming Strategy (2015-2020)
This strategy reflects USAID Zambia Community HIV Prevention Project’s (USAID-Z-CHPP) team and sub-partners’ understanding of gender-related barriers and consequences for HIV prevention.
USAID Z-CHPP prioritizes gender equity and gender equality as a critical dimension to its strategy for HIV prevention in Zambia. The project recognizes that tackling gender norms and inequities in Zambia is not just essential to achieving optimal health for women and girls, but is, in fact, essential for reducing HIV risk and will significantly contribute to optimal health outcomes for all Zambians.
The strategy centers on an innovative, gender-transformative approach to overcoming the gender constraints that hinder the prevention of the spread of HIV among women, men, girls, and boys. The approach translates gender and development concepts into practice and develops creative means to understand and influence the way social norms and relations, as well as the power, interdependencies, and inequalities associated with them, affect women, men, girls, and boys across the project sites.
Source: Pact Zambia, Plan International Zambia
Date of Publication: March 25, 2019
- How Businesses Can Invest in Women and Realize Returns
- Promoting Quality Malaria Medicines Through SBCC: An Implementation Kit
- WHO Global Strategy on Digital Health 2020-2025
- Integrated Management Strategy for Dengue Prevention and Control
- WHO COVID-19 Strategy Update
- Gender-based Violence Prevention, Risk Mitigation and Response during COVID-19
- WHO Water, Sanitation and Hygiene Strategy 2018-2025
- La Planification Familiale dans les Situations d'Urgence: Essentielle,, Voulue, Necessaire et Realisable
- Engaging the Private Sector in Maternal and Neonatal Health in Low and Middle Income Countries
- CDC’s Guiding Principles for Public-Private Partnerships: A Tool to Support Engagement to Achieve Public Health Goals
- Zambia Community HIV Prevention Program SBC Strategy
- Liberia Malaria Communication Strategy 2016-2020
- Plan Strategique 2011-2015 de Lutte Contre le Paludisme au Burkina Faso
- Plan de Communication 2015-2017 pour la Lutte contre le Paludisme
- National Strategy for Malaria Control and PreElimination 2011-2015, Lao People's Democratic Republic