Immunize India [Mobile app]
IAP-Immunizeindia is the world’s largest vaccination reminder service, and is available free of cost to parents anywhere in India. Parents opt-in to the service by sending a text message by SMS and registering. Text message reminders are then sent to the phone for 12 years, following the IAPCOI prescribed immunization schedule. Three reminders are sent, at 2 day intervals, for each vaccination that is due. An example of a reminder is – “Rekha is due for a vaccination this week, please do not forget to visit your doctor.”
The pilot for this program was concluded successfully in 2013, with thousands of parents enrolled from all over India.
The program is now a fully functional national service.
Source: Immunize India
Date of Publication: March 25, 2019
- Questions and Answers about Breastfeeding and COVID-19
- Infant and Young Child Feeding Recommendations When COVID-19 is Suspected or Confirmed
- Improving the Uptake and Adherence of Iron Folic Acid Supplements among Pregnant and Lactating Women
- Entertainment-Education Curriculum
- Talking to Children about Illness and Death of a Loved One during the COVID-19 Pandemic
- Maternal Newborn Child Health - Nutrition Quality Improvement Tools
- Community Communication MNCH e-Manual: Participatory Health Promotion Sessions
- SBCC for Malaria in Pregnancy: Strategy Development Guidance
- Early Estimates of the Indirect Effects of the COVID-19 Pandemic on Maternal and Child Mortality in Low-income and Middle-income Countries: a Modelling Study
- The REPLACE Approach: Supporting Communities to End FGM