Keep It Simple: A Lesson in Linking Teens to Sexual Health Care – Video and Lesson Plan
This is a brief 45 minute lesson plan designed to help link young men and women, ages 15-19, to trusted, “teen friendly” contraceptive and reproductive healthcare providers.
It reasons why adolescents don’t typically access services that include: gaps in knowledge about their right to care, services and contraceptive methods available to them, and the location of healthcare providers that can meet their unique needs in the community. The module was developed “for teens by teens” and includes a short motion graphic that can be shared online as a stand-alone product to facilitate greater access, improve awareness of birth control methods available to teens, and promote linkage to care.
The video can be seen at http://vimeo.com/65566324
Source: Healty Teen Network
Date of Publication: August 16, 2021
- COVID-19: Simple Answers to Top Questions Risk Communication Field Guide Questions and Key Messages
- Toolkit for Transition of Care and Other Services for Adolescents Living with HIV
- COVID-19 Vaccination Communication
- Updated Resources and Tools for Reopening Schools and Childcare Programs
- Family Planning Discussion Topics for Voluntary Counseling and Testing
- Multi-Sector Partnerships for Preventing Violence
- A Multi-Sector Approach to Preventing Violence
- How the Virus Won
- Inside the Mind of an Anti-vaxxer
- Misunderstanding Vaccine Side Effects Poses a Problem for Uptake